Task #11: Delivery of minor update proposals for NordDRG 2015
MCC or CC for S42, S52 och S82
|Target version:||Expert Group 2014|
|MDC:||Owner / responsible:||Nordic Casemix Centre|
|Target Grouper:||SWE||Old forum status:|
National ID: CPK ID 537
Initiator: NPK, Sweden
The Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare (SOS) makes own definition tables parallel to the process at the Nordic Casemix Centre (NCC) and the current problem was discovered during routine comparison between SWE2014CC-SOS-PR02 (SOS version) and SWE2014PR0F (NCC version) in the autumn 2013.
We noticed different CC levels in the SOS and NCC versions for the diagnosis codes S429, S529, S822 and S829 and we also found the same inconsequent CC levels in both versions. For NordDRG 2015 we have to decide a common strategy.
Table 1 in shows the COMPL values for all S42, S52 and S82 codes in the SOS and NCC versions.
- Codes where the COMPL values differ are marked with yellow background. These codes can stand for closed as well as open fractures but the basic principle, we think, is that only open fractures shall have MCC and if we want to stimulate a more accurate coding the yellow marked codes should have CC instead of MCC. If so, the COMPL values in the NCC version are correct and we should change in the SOS version.
- Of all the open fractures in table 1 (marked with blue) there are 10 without CC at all, neither in the SOS nor in the NCC version and one code has only CC. It is logical that these 11 codes shall have MCC. Thus change should be done in both the SOS and the NCC versions.
- The remaining codes within S42, S52 and S82 (not colored) are closed or not specified fractures. They should have CC but not MCC so there is a need for changes both the SOS and the NCC versions.
NPK, Sweden – 2014-01-30
Based on the analysis above we suggest that:
- The codes in table 2 (in Appendix) will have a new COMPL value as specified in the table. This change concerns only the SOS version.
- The codes in table 3 (open fractures) will have a new COMPL value as specified in the table. This change concerns both versions.
- The codes in table 4 (closed or unspecified fractures) will have a new COMPL value as specified in the table. This change also concerns both versions.
All proposed technical changes are specified in .
Organization – yyyy-mm-dd
National organizations may decide to introduce the change in their own version.
Otherwise the organization is NCC.
Description of the movements of cases between new and existing groups.
Technical description in text format.
There must also be technical changes according to the NCC Excel template. This Excel file should be named “Decision” plus the ID of the case.
NordDRG [year] [version]
#2 Updated by Martti Virtanen over 7 years ago
2014-03-13 Martti Virtanen
This case is a correction to the Swedish definition of CC and MCC grouping. The 'SOS' and 'NCC SWE' versions are currently identical and these cases are among the differences of diagnosis properties. This case wil override those intstructions - all versions will be made identical with the Swedish version.
The principle of this proposal is most likely correct - I have no specific comments to the properities as proposed.
#4 Updated by Martti Virtanen over 7 years ago
- File Case 253 COMPL changes.xls added
2014-03-26 Martti Virtanen
This correction is part of the corrections after the CC-project. A larger group is discussed in case #265. Similar to that case the changes were CC (or MCC) COMPL category is added (or removed) and not changed from CC to MCC or vice versa, will affect all NordDRG versions. In this list 13 codes change from MCC to CC and 1 from CC to MCC. 22 codes get a new CC property and 10 a new MCC property.
The changes of COMPL categories are listed in the attached table in code order.
The CC-MCC changes affect only the CC-logic of the SWE version. The added CC/MCC categories may result in assignment of some new patient cases to CC-groups