|Target version:||Expert Group 2014|
|Initiator:||Nordic Casemix Centre||Target year:||2015|
|Case type:||Owner / responsible:||Nordic Casemix Centre|
|MDC:||Old forum status:|
In Sweden the I472 has been divided to 3 or 4 categories:
- I472 Paroxysmal ventrikulär takykardi (original code)
- I472A Kammartakykardi, kortvarig (short term)
- I472B Kammartakykardi, långvarig (long term)
- I472C Kammartakykardi, torsades des pointes (turning points)
ICD-10-plus has 2 categories:
- I4720 ‘Ventricular tachycardia’
- I4721 ‘Ventricular tachycardia, repeating or sustained’
The first has exclusion for COMPL 05C09 and 05C39 whereas the latter has exclusion only for 05C39.
It seems that 05C09 ‘Cardiac arrest’ is not really necessary and could be removed from SWE. On the other hand the mapping could also be discussed.
Remove 05C09 from I472, I472B and I472C in Swedish version.
Extremely unlikely that any change would occur.
#3 Updated by Martti Virtanen over 5 years ago
2014-03-26 Martti Virtanen
Add 05C09 complication exclusion to I4721 and all linked codes in SWE version.
Note that I4721 is currently not linked to any codes in the other versions.
Cases with principal dx I4721 (I472, I472B and I472C) cannot be complicated by secondary diagnoses with complication category 05C09 ‘Cardiac arrest’.